Friday, October 17, 2008

The Steelers took a bye, and so did I

But I'm back...

What a win over Jax!!  Everything clicked as the offensive game plan used: 

1.  Quick, short passes effectively
2.  Runs out of 3 and 4 WR sets
3.  The RB on circle and flare routes

The D game plan shut down the running game and created pressure on 3rd and longs.  The only downer was the number of converted 3rd and longs...need to get that fixed.

STH falls to 3-2 on the season, but I'm glad the Steelers won.  I'll take that every week if I can.  =)  Note that STH has accurately predicted the record to this point, but missed on which game was a loss.

Looking forward to the Bungles:
1.  The Bengals have had issues in pass protection this year.  Expect a thorough ravishing of Fitzpatrick by Harrison and Woodley.  I think Timmons will pick up another sack this week also.  Pre-game prediction:  5 sacks.
2.  The Bengals have no running game.  This puts a lot of pressure on the QB.  Oooops...
3.  The Steelers should be able to run the ball easily, and pass even easier.  Look for a big day from Holmes.  I think he'll have 5+ catches for over 100 yds and  2TDs.

Pre-season pick was 27-17 Steelers.  However, I think this will be a little more of a route.  31-6...or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment